“We welcome residents of all faiths.”
The Cliffs at Eagle Rock is a premier Assisted Living Residence serving the needs of the elderly to the highest standards and believes that people thrive best when souls as well as bodies are nourished. At The Cliffs, we provide many opportunities for spiritual sustenance: “We believe in serving each resident as a unique individual who has been created in the image of God and therefore is worthy of receiving genuine respect and dignity throughout the aging process.” (excerpt from the Mission Statement)
The Cliffs provides many opportunities for our Residents to become involved in spiritual sustenance. Below is a sampling of our activities that nurture the hearts and spirits of Cliff’s Residents:
- Weekly Sunday Worship Services
- Transportation periodically provided to Catholic services in the West Orange area
- Weekly Bible Study and prayer Circles led by The Cliff’s Spiritual Director
- Weekly Communion for our Catholic residents through local lay ministries
- Observance of Jewish holidays.
- Seasonal holiday services, observances, and group participation events
- Resident Memorial Services
Service to others has become a priority for The Cliff’s residents as well. The desire to share in different ways with those in need of good cheer has lead our activities department to foster a desire in our residents to offer a helping hand to others. Here is examples of some of the generous activities of our residents.
Here are examples of some of the generous activities of our residents:
- • Annual “Lap Around the Cliffs” Campaign; Residents have raised hundreds of dollars to fund several projects over the years through their efforts to walk laps around The Cliffs. This Fundraiser has enabled them to send a child to camp, donate to The Cliff’s Angel Fund, and donate to OPERATION SMILE, an organization that provides surgery to children with cleft palates.
- • Baking Club: Our club started in 2010 when group of ladies, under the supervision of staff, began baking for others. Recipients of The Cliffs Baking Group include local homeless shelters, shelters for abused and homeless children, Soup Kitchens, and several Military Platoons oversees.
- • Annual Salvation Army Thanksgiving Drive: Cliff’s residents eager plan, shop, and package groceries for families at thanksgiving. They also take up collections to present to the Salvation Army.
- • Operation Christmas Child: Cliff’s residents and their families donate to this global program sponsored by the Billy Graham Association.
- • Star 99.1 Christian Radio “Support Our Troops Campaign: Residents were excited to help sponsor goodie bags for soldiers being shipped to overseas locations, filling them with a “Taste of Home” along with much needed personal supplies.