The Cliffs is dedicated to the health and welfare of all members of its community including our residents, visitors, volunteers, and employees. To this end, the following is a list of safety systems that are in place:
- Camera monitoring of all key areas
- Elopement detection equipment helps ensure the safety of people with memory impairment. Elopement bracelets detect when a monitored individual approaches an exit door and automatically secures the door to prevent the individual from leaving the building.
- Electronic door security systems maintain security while permitting authorized access at all times
- Emergency response procedures to assure residents safety. The Cliffs is integrated into the West Orange response programs and plans.
- Safety education provided to all Residents together with fire drills.
- 2 natural gas powered generators to cover electrical outages
- Fire detection systems and sprinkler systems
- Round the clock staff monitoring of Residents and facility
- Resident pull cords and safety pendants to summon emergency help when needed